Hoping to “make the case for gun regulations,” the Obama-Holder regime launched the infamous “Fast and Furious” gun-running fiasco that cost Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry his life.
We are now learning that even some Congressional Democrats were appalled by Fast and Furious and secretly viewed the investigation as legitimate.
Sharyl Attkisson reports:
Six years late, we have new insight into the government’s secretive Fast and Furious operation in which federal agents purposely let thousands of assault rifles and other weapons be trafficked from the U.S. to Mexican drug cartels, where they were used in many murders and other crimes.
A new House Oversight Committee report contains Department of Justice emails that the government improperly withheld from Congress and reporters. The report was released Wednesday as the Oversight Committee held a little publicized hearing on still unanswered questions six years after the investigations began.
Here are the key points from the report:
- Justice Department officials were panicked and angered by news coverage
- Privately, Congressional Democrats considered Fast and Furious investigation to be legitimate
- “They don’t see the whole effort as a ‘witch hunt’”
- The Justice Department called the facts a “moving target,” as officials continually revised their public responses
- Officials repeatedly denied press accounts that proved true
H/T: American Lookout